Saturday, September 5, 2009

Lookout ER here we come!

Hi from Lookout Mountain Georgia everyone! Jacob and I are down here for the long holiday weekend visiting his sister Shannon and her husband Kyle and their adorable little boy Kade. So far we've been taking it pretty easy and enjoying the mild weather and beautiful views! We did venture out to do some hiking today to see a few waterfalls and the trek proved to be pretty tough...due to the steep incline you were pretty much walking on steps instead of trails the majority of the time. We decided to count the steps on the way up just to see and the total was...drumroll please...644 steps...straight up!!!! I was feeling pretty worn out and my already sore body was definitely excited to see the car!! So speaking of sore body...we've been on the stims since Tuesday and I'm probably paying extra close attention to everything, but I swear my ovaries are quite tender. Especially on my left side. It does seem like after the ectopic my left side is more painful whenever anything is going on down there...like having my monthly visitor I can usually feel more pain on that side...so that may be the same case now. I'm taking it as a good sign though that the stims appear to be working and are hopefully cooking up lots of lovely little eggies in there! Our cycle day 9 ultrasound will be on Tuesday so we'll get a good idea then what is going on in there! And I have to say as much fun as I'm having here and enjoying spending time with the family on top of this lovely mountain...there is a part of me that is just counting down the hours till Tuesday morning so we can find out about how many eggs we might hope to retrieve and get an idea of exactly when the retrieval is going to be. For now I'm still assuming it will be next Saturday, the 12th, which is only ONE week away! I can't believe it...that will be here before we know it!! I can't wait!

Countdown to ER: ~7 day!!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That's a lot of steps!! Hope you guys have a great rest of the weekend and I look forward to hearing how your u/s goes!! You are sooooo very close!

    ReplyDelete