Monday, August 31, 2009

It's Finally September!!

I thought this month would never get here, but as the weather cools & the smell of fall is in the air…I know September has finally arrived!! Tomorrow marks the first day of what will hopefully prove to be one of the best months of our lives. And tomorrow we add the stimulating shots to our daily infertility cocktail. As the morning shot of Lupron gets easier and easier it does seem like it's time to take the step up to the next level. One good thing about the stims is we will be using the pens for these shots, so no drawing the medication up from the vial anymore…we just click to the amount we need and inject! Seems pretty easy, but we'll watch the lovely online video tomorrow night beforehand to make sure we know exactly what we are doing!


I've been doing a little reading on the types of things I should be doing to ensure my body is in tip top shape and ready to accept our precious little cargo in a few short weeks! And one thing I've been hearing is that adding lots of protein and fats (yikes!) to your diet can be helpful with the quality of eggs. So things like meat, cheese, eggs, etc. are all supposed to be good things to indulge on…so I figure it can't hurt…bring on the bacon and eggs! Hehe! It also said to cut out caffeine and alcohol. I'm good on the alcohol…I cut that out as soon as the shots started. The caffeine thing is definitely a little trickier for me! I LOVE my soda, but obviously I want a happy, healthy baby, more than a can of diet mt. dew so I've been trying to find substitutes that I like and so far it's going ok. Probably the best find was a new strawberry lemonade at Shop & Save…it is quite tasty!! I read too that you are supposed to eat the core of a pineapple on the day of your egg transfer (ET) and for the 3-5 days following. This one seems weird to me, but here is what I found on the web…"Pineapple may help assist embryo implantation because it contains bromelain. This proteolytic enzyme breaks down proteins that can inhibit embryo implantation." I'm not a huge fan of pineapple, but I could eat a little each of those 5 days…especially if it will help with implantation! One thing to note…it did say not to eat it before ET though because the high acidity of the fruit could actually be bad for your fertility.

I guess all in all, I don't really plan to do anything extreme one way or another…just be a little more cognizant of what I'm putting in my body and hoping that whatever the magic formula is for this IVF to work we get it right and we’ll have awesome pregnancy news in the coming month!! It's so close now I can taste it *smile*

Countdown to ER: ~12 Days

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!! Your approaching the final stretch! FWIW, I did the pineapple post transfer too and still eat a can of it about every other day for good measure ;) I like it so I don't mind at all. Who knows if it helped add some sticky action, but doesn't hurt to try for sure :) To mix it up a little bit, I also make Jello (cherry's my fav) and throw a can of it (minus the juice) in there while it sets. Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete