Saturday, September 12, 2009

Awe & Amazement

That pretty much sums it up!! We went in for our egg retrieval today...got there about 15 minutes early at 11:45 AM and had a slight wait before they took me back to my small room and told me to get totally undressed and slip into the ever lovely hospital gown. I laid in the bed awhile waiting and listening to the nurses playing dress up outside the room as they fixed each others hair...they were having quit a bit of fun...it was kind of a weird experience as I just laid there...the weight of what was about to happen on my mind. Finally Andrea, our coordinator came in and took my vitals and got my IV hooked up...which by the way...OUCH!! I just hate getting IV's...I mean, they really just hurt! Luckily within a few minutes it was all hooked up and the pain went away. They then brought Jacob back thankfully to entertain me as I waited for it to be my turn to go in "THE ROOM." The entire time I got to listen to the girls before me going into the room counscious and coming out sounding like they had just been slipped the date rape drug or something...there was a lot of slurring going on all around me!! Haha! Finally...it was my turn. They took me in to the small dark room and had me sit on the table with my whole legs up in the stirrups...it actually wasn't too uncomfortable...better then the normal OB tables with stirrups for your feet...these were actually padded ones that you put your knees in. The anesticist started injecting things into my IV...one to relax me and one for the pain. It was a very strange feeling, because I could tell everything that was going on and could definitely sense that it hurt, but it didn't hurt bad enough for me to say anything...so I just laid there in my half counscious state and waited for what was coming next. Then after what seemed like no time at all, they had me move on to the gurney and wheeled me back to my starting room and that was it! So, here's the best part of the whole thing...I told Jacob to ask them how many they retrieved...and based on the Ultrasounds all week was expecting maybe 10 or 11, but what they said is so much better than that!! SEVENTEEN!!!!



I still cannot even believe it...I mean, I'm wondering if they mixed my file up with someone elses or something, because 17? That is just so amazing! God is so awesome! So now we just wait until tomorrow and will be praying like crazy that we have lots of mature, good quality eggs in that group of 17!! So more to come tomorrow! Please continue to keep us in your prayers...we really appreciate everyone that is pulling for us! And are hopeful that we'll be pregnant very, VERY soon!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Maureen!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome news!! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that is absolutely fantastic news!!!!!!! I'm seconding Cathy, God IS good!!!! :-) Can't wait to hear the fertilization report!!!

    ReplyDelete