Friday, September 18, 2009

Miracles Happen Every Day

Yesterday was Jacob’s 30th birthday and we couldn’t think of a better way to spend it than to have two beautiful blastocycts transferred to my uterus *smile* That’s right…yesterday morning I got the call from Dr. Ahlering’s office that our embryos were ready and that we should be there at 1:15 PM for our little babies to be placed in what hopefully will be there home for the next 9 months. The whole thing was just so surreal…Jacob and I were taken into the room and as I held his hand the embryologist brought in the catheter that contained our two little ones…our two babies who we will hopefully be meeting in approximately nine months!!

It was an emotional day…the weight of it all kind of came crashing in as I prepared yesterday morning, as I laid on the table and the embryos were transferred back to me, and even yesterday afternoon/evening as I tried to relax during my 24 hour bedrest. It is truly a blessing that we’ve come this far…and that on top of the two amazing babies in my belly we also have 4 frozen for the future. We are so lucky!

So now as I continue to take it easy…and hope and pray that the little twinges I’m feeling in my belly are our little ones snuggling in for the long run (although I don’t think that actually happens until tomorrow or Sunday…I’m officially PUPO…pregnant until proven otherwise…haha! And with my second beta only 1 week away, hopefully soon we will be able to announce that we’re dropping the “until proven otherwise” Yeah!!

I told Jacob after it was over and I was laying in the office for the required 30 minutes that we had to name them…that all that had gone before us had given there little embryos names…so as we looked at the lovely picture below he blurted out lemonjello and orangejello…haha!! I know it doesn’t come through as funny over the web, but Jacob and I have long joked about the names “lemongelo” and “orangelo” (that’s a little closer to how you would pronounce them) because of the old wives tale that some cruel parents named there kids this!! I was thinking more along the lines of something sticky like Caramel or Gluey (hey, those are real names right?) Haha! But I think when it is all said and done, for now we’re just going to call them our perfect little miracles…because that is truly what they are!!


And in case you’re wondering…here is what is thought to be happening with our miracles right now…

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood (First blood test)
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops (Second blood test...find out if we're pregnant!!)
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Countdown to pregnancy test (2nd beta): 7 days!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!! Praise God this is so awesome!! Congrats you two. I just know you're on your way to your BFP!!! Keep resting up and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete