Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sugar & spice & everything nice…

That's what little girls are made of :o) Haha…as you can probably guess the ultrasound yesterday did confirm we are having a little girl. Yeah!! I'm so excited at the thought of having a daughter…dressing her up in girly things, playing with her hair, teaching her about boys…and that she should stay far away from them for as long as possible…hehe…just kidding! Sort of :o) She didn't make it easy for us once again…with her hand between her legs the majority of the time…and she was being shy and wouldn't turn her head so we could get a good profile shot…most of the time she was facing away from us :o( I was really hoping for some good pictures, but that's ok in less than five months I will get to see the real thing which is so much better!

So now the shopping begins!! I've been looking for girl bedding since we found out 3 weeks ago that it was probably a girl. I'm having quite a time though finding anything I like. Everything is so pastel and blah…I want bright, bold bedding…like hot pink and white! I did find a set I love, but wouldn't you know it's no longer available…so the only place I can find it is on e-bay. It's brand new, but pretty expensive and non-returnable so I just don't think it's the best option. Here's a picture of it…isn't it so cute!!


The second choice is some bedding from pottery barn that is white with a hot pink scallop design and trim. I'm thinking of possibly using this and then my mom and I making some curtains out of the fabric below that I found…that would brighten up the room for sure!! So no decisions yet…I'll continue looking…but if anyone has any good ideas or recommendations definitely let me know!! I'm open to anything at this point!



Decorating and shopping aside though I'm just so extremely excited that she looks to be healthy and growing!! It's so amazing when I stop to think about what a miracle it truly is…I get choked up just thinking about it. And as I approach the 20 week mark and realize we're half way there already it's a reminder of just how blessed we are for this to really be happening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment