Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's a....

GIRL!!!! We think :o) Haha! So at the ultrasound yesterday everything looked great and when asked if we wanted to know the sex we both quickly responded...yes, that's why we're here at only 16 weeks...hehe...we're so bad! She did some looking and started typing on the screen "I'M A GIRL." I started kinda laughing...that kind of giddy excited laugh that you just can't control...a little girl, oh my! What a blessing! She pointed out the 3 lines that indicate her girly parts (it just looked like 3 little lines to me...these ultraound technicians are amazing...I really don't know how they do it!!). Anyway...she started looking at everything else, so I proded her some more and was like, "so would you say you're about 75% sure it's a girl" (cause I've heard with girls, they sometime's get it wrong...if it's a boy, it's a pretty obvious thing)...she replied "we'll go back and check again at the end." Which we did after trying to get some other pictures of her...she didn't make it easy though because she was sitting up with her feet tucked neetly under her butt...it was the oddest position! The tech kept shaking the wand on my stomach to try and get her to move around...I think she was tired though b/c I chugged a glass of OJ on my way to the appointment at my sister's recommendation to give her a little sugar high so she would be active during the u/s for this exact reason. It kinda backfired though when we had to sit in the waiting room for over 30 minutes...so needless to say, I think we got her coming down OFF the sugar high...haha! We were able to see the 3 lines a couple more times though and the u/s tech confirmed...she pretty much positive it's a girl...and even recommended painting the room.... When we talked to my OB after though he said he definitely agreed with her assessment, but that at 16 weeks there is still a possiblity that it could just be a late developing boy...and that all babies "look" like girls at first. So he said we could start shopping, but recommended we hold on to the receipts :o) We get to go back in 3 weeks on January 11th to see her again because they couldn't get a good look at a few of her organs, so by then they said they should be able to confirm it. So for now, I'm thinking girly thoughts, picking out girly bedding, etc...but will not be totally going crazy until we get the official thumbs up that our little June bug is in fact going to be an Autumn!

Wishing you all a Very Blessed Christmas and a Miraculous New Year!!

2 comments: