Saturday, January 16, 2010

Half way there!!

We're 20 weeks today...and litlle Autumn is said to be the size of a cantaloupe!! She's growing a lot and so is my belly! haha! I'll try and post some pictures soon so you can see my expanding wasteline...finally I feel like I look pregnant and not just overweight . So the big accomplishments this week include feeling little Autumn moving and deciding on our bedding/nursery theme!! Yeah!!

So I think I've been feeling her for the past 3 weeks, but wasn't really sure...it just felt like a whoosing or something...I don't really know how to explain it, but it wasn't really obvious what it was. But the past week or so the movements are getting a little stronger (still not very frequent, but definitely there) and now I'm positive it is her moving around in there!! The most obvious one was after eating a brownie...haha...I guess that means she likes chocolate...or maybe it means that she doesn't :o) Either way, it made her a little more mobile for a short while!! I'm excited for them to start picking up so I know she's doing ok in there...every movement is like a reminder that she's doing well.

So on to the nursery. I know before I mentioned a hot pink and white themed room, but things changed a little after discovering this website called Etsy. I had never heard of it before, but now I am absolutely in love with it! It is all handmade items...like paintings, quilts, wall decals...pretty much you name it, someone makes it and sells it on etsy!! It's so addictive...I keep finding more and more things I want to order...especially once she arrives...like tutu's, goofy hats, all sorts of cute little girly things that will be so much fun! So back to the nursery...for those who don't know, I love the eiffel tower...I've been obsessed with it since college and finding a beautiful night time picture of it. I have several eiffel tower statues around our house and Jacob even proposed to me in the eiffel tower (ok, it was the replica of the eiffel tower in Las Vegas, but close enough...haha). So when I found this eiffel tower painting on Etsy I knew I had to get this for her room and create the rest of it around this!


I just love the colors and the whimsical nature of it! It is being shipped on Tuesday and I can't wait for it to arrive!! So from there I decided on this bedding from Pottery Barn called coco dot...I think the colors will work perfectly!


And the rest kinda happened from there. Here's a design board of the main elements I want to incorporate.


The wall color is the background color on this slide...basically a tiffany blue (teal) type color. And then we'll have pink and white accents. I can't wait to start pulling it all together!! I think it's going to be adorable!! I'll of course upload pictures of the real thing once it starts coming together! For now I'm going to enjoy the fact that we're halfway there...if the second half goes as quickly as the first...she's going to be here before we know it!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! It's going to be the most perfect little girl's nursery ever!!! :-) And Autumn is just the name to go with the most girly of little girls! The colors work so well together, Ahh, I'm so excited!!! Cannot wait to see photos of your growing belly and the room coming together! :-)

    ReplyDelete