Monday, November 16, 2009

Countdown to the 2nd Trimester!

Ok, ok…I may be jumping the gun a little bit since we still have like two and a half weeks until we are officially in the second trimester, but I can't help myself! If seems like it's a huge milestone that I've just been wishing and waiting for for SOOOOO long that I can't help but try to find the fast forward button to it! I'll try and contain myself though! But there's no harm in starting the "countdown clock" right? We all know I love to countdown to things, so consider it started now…:o)

In other good news I did make it through last week without being sick…well almost. I wasn't actually sick, but I did have a pinched nerve in my back/shoulder that made it nearly impossible to turn my head to the left. It was quite fun, especially while driving when really you just have to look left sometimes…to ensure you are not about to plow in to the car next to you…haha! It is almost back to normal now though…so yeah!!

Now on to my second OB appointment!! Jacob did not come with me to this one because the nurse told me at the end of the last appointment that we would not have an U/S. Plus with his new job I didn't want him to have to worry about taking off work. So when Dr. Chen comes in, he's like, "where's Jacob"…I laughed and said, "Oh, he only comes to the fun appointments." Dr. Chen says, "Oh, well we are going to scan you today." Oops…sorry Jacob…luckily I got a few pics to take home to him. But he did miss a great ultrasound!! First off…this one was on my belly…I gratuated from the lovely internal ultrasounds…woohoo!! And second…we heard June Bug's heartbeat…around 140 bpm this time…significantly slower than the 173 two weeks ago…which Dr. Chen said is perfectly normal for it to change a lot…guess that throws Jacob's Mom's guess that it's a girl based on the high heartbeat out the window :o) And third…we saw the baby move!! Soooo amazing!! I guess according to the books he is moving around quite a bit in there, but since he's currently only the size of a lemon I don't feel it yet…hopefully soon though! I can't wait! Dr. Chen said everything looked perfect and that I didn't need to come back for another month! He did confirm that we will NOT be having another U/S until the big one…i.e., finding out if our little June bug is going to be a Noah or an Autumn!! That will likely come the first week of January! Far away I know, but thankfully I have all the fun holidays to look forward to, so I'm sure it will be here before I know it!!

Countdown to 2nd Trimester: 18 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment