Monday, July 20, 2009

3rd Times a Charm

I went to my third and last Acupuncturist on Friday...Christine at WellBody Clinic in Maplewood. I say last because I loved her and will definitely continue seeing her as we venture into the unknown land of IVF. I was there for almost two hours on Friday and this time it wasn't because I was sitting in the waiting room for half of that time, but because she did such a thorough job of understanding our unique case so she could determine how best to help. After going through a multitude of questions she felt my different pulse points and looked at my tongue. She made sure I was comfortable before she began jabbing me with needles and checked in several times as she was "needling" me to make sure I was doing ok. I'm not exactly sure how long I was on the table, but I think it was somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour. It was very relaxing and I even drifted in and out of dream land a few times. After she "set me free" as she called it, I felt rejuvenated and knew that this was going to be an integral part of the journey ahead! It really felt like she was genuinely interested in helping us be successful and I think when you're going through something as heartbreaking as infertility...compassion and understanding rank very high on the list of must haves! She even lent me her own personal copy of The Infertility Cure so I could practice some acupressure at home on a couple of points she recommended. I am so happy that I made the decision to make the drive out to Maplewood (after being apprehensive about the distance) to see her and will continue doing so for atleast the next 10 weeks or so...until that first beta that will hopefully *fingers crossed* reveal that we're pregnant!! Now on to the calendar review...we will be meeting with Andrea today at 3 PM to find out when the craziness begins!! So stay tuned...more on that soon...

2 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad you liked Christine!! Good luck with Andrea- be sure to take good notes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maureen that's so great that you could undo all the things that old doctor did to you! Those memories just had to be overridden. She really does sound like she is worth that little bit of extra effort and will be a great addition to your upcoming IVF cycle!! Hey, how did your surgery go? I was thinking about you on Thursday. TTYL!

    ReplyDelete